The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is currently recruiting qualified Nigerians to join its workforce. NDLEA is a lead agency in Nigeria that is responsible for combating drug trafficking and abuse.
Overview of NDLEA Recruitment Process
The NDLEA recruitment process is typically conducted in three stages:
- Online application: you must first of all fill and submit an online form through the NDLEA recruitment portal.
- Shortlisting: if you get shortlisted you will be invited for screening.
- Final selection: finally you will be selected when you pass your final interview and exams.
Position and their qualification for NDLEA recruitment process 2023/24
1. General Duties or Specialists – The Superintendent Cadre
- CONPASS 08 – Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics II: To be eligible for this position you must have a first degree or HND in any field from a recognized school and a NYSC discharge certificate or exemption certificate.
- CONPASS 09 – Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics: To be eligible for this position you need to have either an LL.B., BL, B.Eng (with COREN), B.Pharm., etc. and also passes the training, they will be given the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I (CONPASS 9).
- CONPASS 10 – Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics: To be eligible for this position you must possess MBBS or DVM and also successfully completed the training.
2. The Narcotic Agent Corps.
- CONPASS 07 – Chief Narcotic Agent – To qualify for this position you must have a Nigerian Certificate of Education or something similar from an approved school. This goes for registered nurses and midwives, lab technicians, pharmacy technicians, registered nurses and midwives and dental technicians.
- CONPASS 06 – Senior Narcotic Agent – To be able to apply for this position you must have a National Diploma (ND) or something similar from an approved school.
- CONPASS 05 – Narcotic Agent – .To be eligible for this position you must have 5 credits from SSCE, GCE, or NABTEB, with English and math being two of them.
3. Narcotic Assistant Cadre.
- CONPASS 04 – Narcotic Assistant I – To be eligible for this position, you need to have at least 4 credits from SSCE, GCE, or NABTEB, with at least one credit in English Language or Mathematics.
- CONPASS 03 – Narcotic Assistant II -.Applicants must have at least three credits from SSCE, GCE, or NABTEB, with at least one credit in English Language or Mathematics.
- Craftsmen, mechanics, drivers, cleaners, gardeners, and more – To apply for this position, you must show proof that they have finished high school or passed a Trade Test Grade II or III.
NDLEA Recruitment Statutory Requirements
- Those who want to apply must be born in Nigeria and have a National Identification Number (NIN). Also, all workers should know how to use computers, which is an additional bonus.
- Any certificate or skill that wasn’t stated, offered, and accepted at the time of hiring can’t be used later to move up in the Agency.
- To be eligible for this recruitment process, you must be medically fit and show a certificate from a government hospital stating that you are fit.
- For the first category, applicants must be at least 20 years old and no more than 35 years old. For the second and third categories, applicants must be at least 30 years old and no less than 18 years old at the time of entry. Of course. 40 years will be taken into account for medical doctors and articulated vehicle drivers.
- To be eligible you must be at least 1.65 meters tall as a man and 1.60 meters tall as woman.
- Medical and allied workers must have valid licenses to practice, and lawyers must have been called to the bar.
- To be able eligible you must not use drugs, you must have a good reputation, and not have been guilty of any crime.
- When you submit recruitment forms online, you must use your own email address and phone number.
Instructions on How to Apply for NDLEA Recruitment 2023/2024
- Visit the NDLEA website at www.ndlea.gov.ng. To get started, click on Careers and carefully read the steps. After that, click on Apply Now to sign up.
- The page with the categories (positions) will take you there (pick from list of categories).
- Fill out the form and make sure you send all of the following documents:
(2) Certificates of Education.
(3) A Certificate of Origin from the State.
(4) Birth certificate or proof of age.
(5) A national ID card.
(6) Certificate of Discharge or Exemption from NYSC.
Latest Updates On NDLEA Recruitment 2023/2024
- When you are done with your application, you will need to print out the slip that was created online.
- Those who are chosen will have to fill out more forms for screening.
- During their time working for the Agency, all approved candidates will be exposed to random drug tests.
- Only people who have been chosen will be asked to come in for a second test and interview.
- Date of Closure will be announced soon, all forms must be submitted online.
Note: If you apply more than once, you will be disqualified. And after filling out the online form, applicants must print out their photo-slip and download reference forms. These forms must be filled out by two (2) trustworthy individuals and brought to the screening/interview.
For more information, go to www.ndlea.gov.ng.