Welcome to the Kenya Prison Recruitment 2024/2025 application guide page! Here, we will guide you on how to make a successful application, what you need, important dates, and recruitment centres you need to go. And as bonus, we will share with you some helpful tips that can guarantee your recruitment.
Overview of Kenya Prison Recruitment Process 2024/2025
Kenya Prisons Service (KPS) is a department within the Ministry of Interior and Coordination of National Government. As a uniformed and disciplined entity, KPS is established under the Prisons Act Cap. 90 and the Borstal Institutions Act Cap 92 Laws of Kenya. KPS IS headed by the Commissioner General of Prisons (CGP).
The general cadets category in the Kenya Prisons Service recruitment offers many opportunities for individuals from various academic backgrounds and professional experiences.
Specialties in the General Cadets
- Accounts/Finance Officers
- Actuarial Scientists
- Business Management Officers
- Civil Engineers
- Clothing Textile/Interior Decor
- Community Development Officers
- Disaster Management Officers
- Forensic Investigators
- Gender Development Officers
- Hospitality Management Officers
- Library and Information Management Officers
- Medical Doctors (Psychiatrists, General Physicians)
- Procurement Officers
- Project Planning Management Officers
- Public Administration and Management Officers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Security Management Officers
- Senior Relationship Manager Investor Service
- Senior Manager, Innovation
- Sports Management Officers
- Statistics Officers
Specialty for technicians
- Clinical Officers
Eligibility Criteria For The Kenya Prison Recruitment Requirement
The following are the requirements for Kenya Prison Recruitment application:
Must be a Kenyan citizen.
Possess a Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) minimum grade of D+ or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Between the ages of 18 – 28 years for secondary school leavers.
- Men: Minimum height of 5 feet 4 inches.
- Women: Minimum height of 5 feet 2 inches.
Physical and Medical Fitness Requirement:
Must be physically and medically fit.
Must have good hearing and clear vision.
Should have no criminal record.
Pregnancy Status (For Female Candidates):
Female candidates must not be pregnant at the time of recruitment and during training.
As a prospective candidates, it is important to review the above requirements and ensure you meet them before making an application.
The Right Way to Apply for Kenya Prison Recruitment 2024/2025
Application Form Retrieval:
Obtain the application form by visiting the official website: www.prisons.go.ke/vacancies.
Fill in the required information on the form accurately.
Attach the necessary documents as there are specified on the application form. These documents may include:
- National ID
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Any other relevant documents are outlined in the application form.
When you are done, submit your application. And wait for the list of shortlisted candidates.
Success tips for Kenya prison recruitments:
The following are the tips for Kenya Prison recruitments
- Apply on time; do not wait for the deadline.
- Do the application processes alone, don’t send anybody to avoid mistakes in your data
- Keep yourself updated concerning the application
- Make sure you supply all the necessary requirements
- Take time to cross-check your details before submission.
- Candidates are to apply for one job position, Candidates who attempt to apply multiple times will have their application disqualified
- The online application is free.
Important information about Kenya Prisons Recruitment 2024/2025
Kenya prisons recruitment 2024/2025 dates and centres
The Kenya Prisons Recruitment usually takes place in the first quarter of every year. This means that the Kenya Prisons Recruitment for 2024/25 is likely to take place between January and June of 2024. There will be designated recruitment centres all over the country where this recruitment process will happen.
You can get the previous Kenya Prisons Recruitment PDF 2024/2025 Dates And Centers to find out when the 2024/2025 NYS Recruitment will happen.
What is the basic salary of Kenya prison?
The basic salary of Kenya Kenyan prison warden depends on position and qualification. Different types of Kenyan prison wardens make different amounts of money every month. As of 2023, prison wardens make an average monthly salary of KES 16,890 to KES 55,110. Also, the monthly salary for newly recruited employees is between Ksh11,288 and Ksh26,080, with most making between Ksh11,288 and Ksh57,879 per month.
Cadets start out with a standard pay of at least Ksh 30,000, but this depends on what they specialize in.
We hope this page was helpful to you. Please consider following us at X(Twitter) to stay updated with the latest recruitment news.