Welcome to Recruitment Record! Here, we will guide you on registering for the Nigerian Air Force Recruitment for 2023/24 process. We will share what you need and the procedures to apply for NAF recruitment. But before we do that, let us get you familiar with NAF recruitment process.
Overview of the Nigerian Air Force Recruitment Process 2023
The Nigerian Air Force (also known as NAF) is among the three main branches of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It protects Nigeria’s airspace and provides aviation support for the Nigerian military and navy. Young Nigerians can be recruited in this respected force.
The recruitment process in the NAF is competitive, but it is open and fair (which is very transparent in nature). Applicants are evaluated based on their skills, health, and personality.
Usually, there are two main options in the recruitment process of NAF, you can either choose Basic Military Training Course (BMTC) and the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC). The other option, which is Regular Combatant (RC) is only available for young nigerians in Nigerian Defence Academy.
The Basic Military Training Course (BMTC) is a Short Period Training for the Airmen and Airwomen, not generally more than 6 months of training.
Eligibility for BMTC
To be eligible for the BMTC, you will need to possess a secondary school certificate, or NABTEB, or City & Guild Certificate and Trade Test Certificate or RN/RM/NCE.
To become a member, you need to be at least between the ages of 18 and 22 for Non-Tradesmen/Women And between the ages of 18 and 25 for the Tradesmen and Tradeswomen.
The Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is a kind of career path in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) that is both open to civilians as well as those serving in the armed forces.
Eligibility for DSSC
To qualify for the DSSC, young Nigerians must have already earned a bachelor’s degree or have a specialised skill from an accredited institution of higher learning. Graduates who do well at DSSC are given the opportunity to become Flying Officers in the NAF.
Regular Combatant (RC)
The Regular Combatant Commission (RC) is a rigorous military training programme that lasts for five years and is carried out at the Nigerian Defence Academy. The training programme (which is open for both men and women) consists of four years of both academic and military training, followed by one year of dedicated military training for successful grads. Successful completion of the training will result in the awarding of a Bachelor Degree as well as a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA), Midship Man in the Nigerian Navy (NN), or Pilot Officer in the Nigerian Air Force (NAF), depending on which branch of the NAF the young airmen/airwomen had focused on.
Eligibility for Regular Combatant (RC)
To be eligible for the Regular combatant, you will need to be within the age of 17 and 21.
RC is open for only individual who want to train at Nigerian Defense Academy
Procedures To Apply For NAF Recruitment [BMTC & DSSC] 2023/2024 Exercise
- Visit the NAF recruitment portal: nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng
- Click on the specific category you’re interested in: BMTC or DSSC
- Create an account on the application portal
- Fill out the online application form
- Upload your required documents, including:
- Attestation form signed by your Local Government Area Chairman
- Parental consent form
- O’level and A’level certificates (for BMTC applicants)
- Bachelor’s degree certificate (for DSSC applicants)
- Submit your application and print out a copy for your records
Core Requirements Applicants Need To Possess To Be Eligible For NAF 2023/2024 Recruitment
The core requirements for you to apply for the NAF recruitment are:
- You must be a Nigerian citizen by birth
- You must be of good moral character
- You must have a clean criminal record
- You need to be physically and medically fit
- You must not be married
- You need to a Minimum height of 1.66m or 5.4ft as a male and 1.63m or 5.3ft as a female.
- You will need to have a Local Government Area Attestation Form
- Your original credentials needs to be ready, including original of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age, Educational/Trade Certificates, Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin, Attestation to Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank and also their photocopy
- A printout of the following is also necessary: Acknowledgment Form, Parent/Guardians Consent Form, and Local Government Area Attestation Form
- Meet the age and educational requirements for the specific category you’re applying for
If you face any issues, please call: 09064432351, 09055840142 and 07080646780 or Email: [email protected].
I hope you find this guide helpful, please consider following us on our social media. X (Twitter)