Here is a complete guide for Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Recruitment 2023/2024. In this guide you will learn about what NCS recruitment is all about, the goal of the agency, the general eligibility criteria, requirement for each position and how to apply for this position. So sit tight, as we take you on a ride through the complete NCS Recruitment guide for 2023 and 2024.
Overview of Nigeria Customs Service Recruitment 2023/2024
The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) has a very rich history dating back to when it was established in the year 1891. It initially focused on revenue collection, accounting, and anti-smuggling. The NCS has grown to become a key player in trade facilitation.
The NCS recruitment exercise for 2023/24 is a significant opportunity for Nigerians who seek to contribute to the development and improvement of Nigeria. This recruitment opportunity offers a unique opportunity to join an organization that helps Nigeria’s economy and security.
The Goal of Nigerian Customs Service (NCS)
The following are NCS goals:
- The Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) seeks to deliver effective and efficient service to achieve its goals.
- NCS seeks to impact policy and promotes Nigerian development.
- It seeks to follow best practices and international standards in its operations.
General eligibility criteria for NCS 2023/2024 recruitment
The general eligibility criteria for you to able for NCS recruitment 2023/24 are:
- You must be a citizen of Nigeria
- You must be not less than 1.7 meters tall as a man and 1.64 meters tall as a woman.
- As a man, your chest must be at least 0.87 meters wide when it’s fully stretched.
- You must show proof from a government medical officer which says you are physically and mentally fit to join the Service.
- You must not have any kind of mental or physical handicap.
- You must have never been found guilty of a crime.
- You must show your state of origin certificate that is duly signed by the Chairman/Secretary of their Local Governments.
Recruitment requirement for different NCS Position
The Superintendent Cadre: is made up of Senior officers, such as the Assistant Superintendent of Customs. To be eligible for this position, you need to
- Be between the age of 18 and 30.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or an HND equivalent and a certificate from NYSC saying you were discharged or exempted.
The Inspectorate Cadre: is made up of Mid-level officers such as Assistant Customs Inspectors. To be eligible to apply for this position, you need to
- Be between the age of 18 and 25
- Have an ND or NCE from a recognized polytechnic in a related field.
The Assistant Cadre: is made of The Customs Assistant which is one of the lower-level workers. To be eligible for this position, you must
- Have passed at least two other subjects and earned credits in at least three subjects, including English and math, at the SSCE/NECO or GCE level. OR GCE Ordinary level with passes in four subjects, including English and math, taken all at once; or five or more subjects, including English and math, taken all at once or no more than twice for Customs Assistant Grade II – CONSOL 04.
- Must show proof that you have completed a full course in a government-approved first school leaving certificate, S.75, JSSC, or an appropriate Trade Test certificate for Customs Assistant – CONSOL 03.
How to Apply for Jobs in the Nigerian Customs Service (NCS) in 2023
The application for NCS is carried through the official online portal. For you to apply, you need to:
- Go to vacancy.customs.gov.ng for the NCS recruitment.
- Read through the instructions
- Sign up for an account on the site
- Fill out the registration form and send the documents that you are asked for.
- Before you send in your application, you will need to check carefully for errors.
NCS Official Recruitment Portal
The official recruitment portal for the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) is vacancy.customs.gov.ng
NCS Recruitment News 2023/24 Today
The latest news about NCS recruitment is that NCS is currently not recruiting.
Who Can Apply for NCS Recruitment?
The people that can apply for NCS recruitment 2023/24 are nigerians that have meet the eligibibility criteria.
Is the application form for the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Recruitment out?
As of November, 2023, the online application form for Nigeria Customs Service(NCS) is currently not ongoing.
Contact information for NCS
Headquarters: Nigeria Custom Service Headquaters is at Abidjan Street, Wuse PMB 26, Zone 3. Abuja, FCT.
Phone number: 07037891156
I hope this information is useful. Follow us on our X (Twitter)