The NERC Recruitment 2024/2025 is an opportunity for qualified Nigerians to apply and work for the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC). This page will guide you through the application process, discuss what you need for the application, important information you should keep in mind and finally, tips that will help you get recruited.
Overview of the NERC Recruitment Process
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) was established on October 31, 2005, and has the responsibility to control the generation, communication, transmission, and provision of electricity in Nigeria.
As a regulatory body, NERC is very important for making sure that the energy business works well and lasts. The recruitment process gives skilled people a chance to help the sector and the country grow.
The recruitment process involves the following:
- Application: Applicants send in their details and information so that they can be evaluated.
- Assessment test: The candidates are assessed based on their skills, knowledge, and qualifications.
- Shortlist: The names of the candidates who made the short list are posted online, along with the screening timeline.
- Screening: Candidates undergo a physical interview.
- Pass mark: To get recruited, candidates need to have at least a pass mark.
Available positions for NERC recruitment
The following are the available departments you can get recruited in NERC recruitment 2024/2025
- Market & Competition analysis
- Utility rate setting
- Electrical Engineering
- Consumer protection
- Finance & Accounting
- Data Acquisition and analytics
- Legal, Licensing & litigation
- Enforcement and Compliance
- General Administration
General Requirements for NERC Recruitment 2024/2025
Prospective applicants must be Nigerian citizens.
A valid means of identification is required, such as a National ID card or international passport.
Prospective applicants should possess a Bank Verification Number (BVN).
A minimum of five (5) credits in either WAEC/GCE/NEC or NABTEB, including English Language and Mathematics, must be obtained in not more than two sittings.
Prospective applicants should be between 20 and 35 years of age.
Candidates must hold at least a Degree, HND, OND, NCE, SSCE, or equivalent qualification.
Additional Skills Requirement:
Prospective candidates should demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
Knowledge and familiarity with electrical jobs are essential for applicants.
Graduates from related fields and those with relevant working experience will be given preference.
The Right Way To Apply For NERC Recruitment Process
The following are the steps to follow in order to successfully apply for NERC Recruitment 2024/2025
Access the Job Portal:
Visit the NERC job portal at www.careers.nerc.gov.ng.
Create Account & Login:
Create account and login with your email and password.
Choose the specific position you are interested in applying for.
Thoroughly complete the online application form with accurate information.
Scan and upload the required documents as per the specified size guidelines.
Review Your Information:
Review the information you’ve filled
Proceed to submit if your data is accurate
Document for application
The documents needed for the application are as follows:
- Professional Certificates
- Birth Certificate/Sworn Age Declaration
- LGA Identification
- NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
- First School Leaving Certificate
- WASC/SSCE or NECO
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT NERC RECRUITMENT 2024/2025
Beware that there is no charge to apply for this recruitment; it is totally free of charge. Applying more than one time can lead to disqualification. Candidates are advice to regular check their email and recruitment portal for latest updates after submitting application.
After you might have created your account, ensure the phone number, email address you used for the registration is reachable for communication purposes.
The names of shortlisted candidates would be updated in the recruitment website in due course. The screening date will be made unknown when published.
What is the entry level salary for NERC?
The NERC basic salary for entry level/fresh graduate is between the range of two hundred and fifty thousand naira and two hundred and ninety thousand.
Who is the current Chairman and CEO of NERC?
The current chairman of NERC is Prof. James A. Momoh, National Academy of Engineering (NAE).
What is the work of NERC in Nigeria?
NERC’s main responsibility is to perform transmission of electricity in Nigeria.
Success Tips for NERC RECRUITMENT 2024/2025
- Please make sure you don’t apply for more than one job.
- If your network is unstable, stop your programme and start it again later.
- The files you scan shouldn’t be bigger than 2MB.
- Your name and date of birth must match the ones on your NCD.
- Send in your application at least 24 hours before the deadline.
- As part of your NERC job application, do not pay anyone anything (application is free)
- Make sure that the details you give are correct.
We hope that this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to follow us on X (Twitter) to stay updated.